/span>Paul Spoerry posted a great "new to google+" list. Decent collection
Reshared post from +Paul Spoerry
My New to Google+ (1 followed by 100 zeros aka the big one) Getting Started List
A compilation of some of the best Google+ “Getting Started” guides, tools, and tips for users new to Google+.
If you’re new to Google+ and wondering how to get around have no fear, the newest social network on the block is filled with a vibrant user base that is willing to help. A great deal of content has been created and shared among Google+ users. This list by no means captures ALL of that content; it should however, provide a list of resources to help you get going.
How to get help
has created a group of users who have volunteered to help users connect with existing users of Google+ who are willing to help people new to Google+ should they want/need one-on-one help. The members of this group can be found on the Group/As site here: http://bit.ly/otbAGP. The members of the group will frequently post “New To Google? Let Us Help!” posts letting new users know we’re here if they need assistance.
If you use Chrome as your web browser I suggest grabbing the Circle+ Chrome extension (http://bit.ly/qyCrBP) by . With this extension enabled you can visit the Unofficial New To Google+? (http://bit.ly/otbAGP) Team page and in one click add all of the members to your Circles.
Getting Started Guides
• Official Google+ Help Center – Google+’s official help center is a great place to start and always available by hitting the cog in the upper right hand of Google+ and selecting “Google+ Help”. (http://bit.ly/okusRC)
• Google+ Visual Startup Guide v2 by http://bit.ly/q7zTUq). Available in 31 languages this provides a beautiful slide show style presentation of getting started on Google+. (
• Google+ 101 for beginners by: http://bit.ly/nsKqJd)is on onsite beginners guide to Google+ (
• Google Plus 101: How to Get Started by http://bit.ly/oDJEL8). A simple and straight forward blog post on the basics of Google+. (
• Tips for Newer Users of Google+ by http://bit.ly/pfbL83). Robert is blogger, author, and former tech evangelist for Microsoft. This is his onsite top tips for new users of Google+. (
• Google+ Resources by http://bit.ly/qZrSWY). An extensive collection of links to additional resources for learning more about Google+. Viewable both as a regular page, viewable in Google docs, as well as editable in Google docs if you wish to contribute. (
Detailed Guides and Documentation
• Google+ – A Collaborative Document – One of the first community driven, collaborative documents that emerged from Group+; filled with great information. Viewable in Google docs, as well as editable in Google docs if you wish to contribute.
• Google+ Visual Pro Guide by. A beautiful slide show style presentation of power user Google+ tips and tricks.
• Google+: The Complete Guide by http://on.mash.to/ndEJww). Mashable’s guide to using Google+ (
• Finding and Following People on Google+ by http://bit.ly/pKEsnw)– Exhaustive list of external sites for finding users on Google+ (
• 9 Ways to Get a Google+ Vanity URL (and the Google+ one you might already have) by http://bit.ly/p4E9LK)(
• Google+ Search Tour by http://bit.ly/nIA5nu)– How to use search to find people, sparks, posts, and more. (
• Unofficial Google+ Wiki by (http://bit.ly/nLdf0c)
• Getting Started on Google+ by Wired.com (http://bit.ly/qSvBWF)
• G+ How To Wiki – Unofficial web portal (http://bit.ly/oa6L7U)
• GooglePlusTips Wiki by WildTangient.com (http://bit.ly/obi6b7)
Cheatsheets, Tips, and Infographics
• Google+ Cheat Sheets and Tricks v1 by . High level overview of Google+ in visual form and available in multiple languages. (http://bit.ly/pWNIOI)
• Google+ Cheat Sheet v2 by http://bit.ly/omtPpK). Second edition overview of Google+ in visual form and available in multiple languages. (
• 6 Steps to Configuring Privacy by ZoneAlarm (http://bit.ly/pl9Z8U)
• 40 Google+ Tips and Tricks for Power Users by PCWorld (http://bit.ly/oBHvLe)
• Google+ Resources: Guides/Tips/Tutorials by http://bit.ly/pVSWvO). Organized into categories like General Use, use for Higher Education, Tips, Tools, & Accessibility (
• Google+ Tutorials by http://bit.ly/mPuRiZ)(
Privacy on Plus
• Data Liberation Front – Google’s in-house data liberation team in charge of allowing you to export your data from Google services, including Google+. (http://bit.ly/od14vM)
• How to: Download Your Google+ Data by http://bit.ly/r6fpj5)– Walkthrough on downloading your Google+ data (
• 21 Google+ Privacy Tips: The Ultimate Guide by http://huff.to/o3T49x)(
• 6 Steps to Configuring Privacy (Infographic) by ZoneAlarm (http://bit.ly/pl9Z8U)
• The Circles: Dividing, Nesting and Prioritizing (available in multiple languages) by (http://bit.ly/qNg8sA)
• How to Manage Your Google+ Circles Without Going Crazy by G+ Insiders Guide (http://bit.ly/nhYsb5)
• Circle reordering (includes video) by http://bit.ly/ol765y)(
• How to Sort and Manager Circles by http://bit.ly/o72mBb)via Lockergnome.com (
• 6 Invaluable Tips to Help you Hangout Successfully by (http://bit.ly/pxur4X)
• Where to Hangout at Google+ – A directory of current and future Google+ Hangouts (http://bit.ly/oLZhzk)
Google+: View post on Google+